When Hurricane Matthew decided to show up in Charleston the same weekend as this little girl's due date, we were all a little nervous. This family happens to be some of our really good friends so we invited them to evacuate to Columbia, South Carolina with us. Day after day we watched the storm coverage. Morning after morning we asked Pam if she felt different. All I could think was that my friend was going to bring her baby "home" to my in-law's house. Though it all, Pam remained at peace that God would protect them.
As soon as the storm moved through and the roads were passable, they quickly hit the road back home. Thank the Lord they did - Pam went into labor that night! They welcomed baby L on Sunday afternoon, 24 hours after Hurricane Matthew passed through Charleston.